Leads and directs the Godfrey & Wing Sealant Division, including, but not limited to financial performance, pricing, production, quality assurance and control, safety, and research & development.
P&L responsibility to the Gross Profit level
Works closely with Sales to establish product pricing
Works closely with Purchasing to manage raw material cost and availability
Establishes annual budget
Ensures manufacturing systems are safe, efficient, and effective at manufacturing quality product
Analyzes need to expand manufacturing into other markets and when appropriate, leads the implementation of manufacturing systems in those markets
Monitors and measures supplier performance and implements corrective action where necessary
Monitors, measures, and develops employee performance and implements corrective actions where necessary
Ensures compliance of the Division with all relevant regulations, including, but not limited to, Environmental, Department of Transportation, OSHA
Customer and Prospect Facing:
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing team to develop and optimize product marketing and collateral materials as well as web presence
- Leads investigation and resolution of customer product complaints
- Works with marketing to analyze and define the global market and create strategic plans for increasing market share
Compliance and Support:
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities, such as technical support and problem solving – subject
- Subject matter expert on competitive products, strengths and weaknesses
- Develop technical resource data for use by sales (assisted by marketing dept)
Lab and Research & Development:
- Leads lab activities and research & development efforts of the company and drives product development timelines
-New product development and testing
-Existing product QC checks
-Field sample analysis
-Competing product analysis
- Active participant in discussions with customers and prospects in new markets to better understand market potential and product expectations
- Keep abreast of new technical developments in the market and proactively adapt to them
Bachelor’s degree required. Chemical Engineer or Organic Chemist preferred.
5+ years successful in a manufacturing environment. Project management and R & D experience a plus.
Excellent leadership/supervisory abilities to include - goal orientation, problem-solving skills with the ability to use good business judgment and make decisions, teaching, and strategic thinking. Experience in a customer-facing role. Ability to respond to company/employee/customer needs in high-pressure situations. Experience with budget preparation and vendor relationships.
- ISO9001:2015 required.
- DOT49/CFR required
- IMO/IMDG required
- Prop 65, REACH and RoHS required
- OSHA and EPA regulations required