Maintains and administer the Quality Management System (QMS) across all Godfrey & Wing Inc. facilities including its affiliates. Plan, evaluate, coordinates, inspect and report on all aspects of product from conception, manufacturing to delivery.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills, command attention to detail and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement and an understanding of modern quality control and manufacturing theory and practice.
Quality Engineering Responsibilities:
Leads APQP and PPAP processes to ensure effective and efficient process and procedure development through use of FMEA, control plans, error proofing and benchmarking.
Ensure proper documentation of manufacturing processes is developed and maintained.
Assesses effectiveness of processes using audits, root cause analysis, and other analytical tools.Detects/diagnoses machine malfunction and performs necessary repair.
Facilitate and provide leadership on company initiatives towards continuous improvement, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, 5S, TPM and overall knowledge of the Quality function.
Implement and promote quality control culture / zero defect within the organization.
- Support purchasing in the development of vendor base and ensure that all specifications are met through vendor audits as necessary.
- Prepares monthly reports measuring and analyzing:
- Changes to internal and external issues as it relates to the QMS
- Performance and effectiveness of the QMS, including trends in:
- Customer satisfaction
- The extent to which quality objectives have been met.
- Performance and conformity of products and services
- Nonconformities and corrective actions
- Internal and external audit results
- Performance of external providers
- Effectiveness of actions taken to address risk and opportunities
- Opportunity for improvement
Leads corrective action and/or containment response ensuring root cause identification and elimination.
Acts as point person for relationship with both internal and external quality auditors.
Ensures compliance with environmental State and local regulations.
- Maintains quality records via a system for document and data control.
- Develop and implement uniform quality control policies and procedures across all Godfrey & Wing Inc. facilities and its affiliate companies.
- Ensure that ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards and requirements are adhered to and met.
Establishes realistic goals and key performance expectations for team members. Monitors and guides accordingly.
Provides leadership, direction and guidance to staff to achieve individual and company goals.
Develops team members through continuous learning activities, coaching and performance management.
Establishes staffing requirements in support of organizational objectives. Interviews and selects qualified personnel.
Fosters teamwork and positive employee relations through regular & open communications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Engineering and/or related field.
5+ years in quality systems implementation and program management within a manufacturing environment.
Excellent leadership/supervisory abilities to include: goal orientation, problem solving, teaching and strategic thinking.
Must be able to travel approximately 25%.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Working knowledge of Core Tools required. Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015 required. Knowledge of IATF 16949:2016 a plus.