Must have excellent interpersonal skills, command attention to detail and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement and an understanding of modern quality control and manufacturing theory and practice.
Quality Systems Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates the corporate quality system to ensure its compliance to Customer Specific Requirements, ISO/IATF Standards and efficient application within the business.
- Leads APQP and PPAP processes to ensure effective and efficient process and procedure development through use of PFMEA, Control Plans, error proofing and benchmarking.
- Leads Corrective/Preventive/Predictive Action process through application of appropriate problem-solving methodologies leading to proper root cause analysis.
Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
Detects/diagnoses machine malfunction and performs necessary repair.
Assist with the internal calibration program including SPC and MSA (gauge R&R) activities.
Facilitate and provide leadership on company initiatives towards continuous improvement, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, 5S, TPM and overall knowledge of the Quality function.
Implement and promote quality control culture / zero defect within the organization.
- Support purchasing in the development of vendor base and ensure that all specifications are met through vendor audits as necessary.
- Acts as point person for relationship with both internal and external quality auditors.
- Develop and implement uniform quality control policies and procedures across all Godfrey & Wing Inc. facilities and its affiliate companies.
- Perform routine and non-routine tests and analyses using the appropriate technical method, equipment and instrument.
Process, Product Development and Validation Responsibilities:
- Performs experiments and special production processes in a lab setting in support of Operations and new product development.
- Prepare and conducting experiments under defined conditions to validate/reject various hypotheses utilizing best practices.
- Analyze data, calculate test results and prepare report for management review.
- Maintain lab equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area.
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required, associate’s or bachelor’s degree in scientific field preferred. Relevant experience may be a substitute for formal education.
3 - 5 years related experience in an ISO9001:2015 or ISO17025 environment with a preference for IATF16949:2016.
Working knowledge of Quality Core Tools and ISO9001:2015 required. Knowledge of IATF16949:2016 and lead auditor training preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on follow up; Customer Service skills; Effective time management skills; Must possess the ability to multi-task and have strong organizational and decision-making skills.
Heavy lifting is not expected. Exertion of up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to chemicals and laboratory agents is expected. Protective safety clothing, goggles, gloves, face masks, or hat are required as needed. Activities include extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work mixing chemicals, conducting experiments, and using laboratory equipment.
Must be able to travel nationally and internationally approximately <10%.