Responsible for the customer experience associated with the use of Godfrey & Wing’s impregnation equipment. The Product Manager serves as the customer-facing project manager during the build process, manages the Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, and coordinates the installation and customer training in the use of the equipment. After installation, the Product Manager manages spare parts sales, service needs, warranty claims, ongoing training and assists with troubleshooting of field performance issues. The Product Manager proactively seeks feedback from the customer on the reliability and maintainability of the equipment for input to the design change process.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all technical details of the system as ordered are documented and communicated to Engineering.
- Develops initial project schedule, monitors pace against the schedule and identifies potential budget overruns and capacity bottlenecks.
- Provides project status updates to the customer.
- Schedules and coordinates Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and all post-FAT modifications required.
- Coordinates packaging and shipping activities and schedule
- Manages Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and all customer training activities.
- Manages and maintains standard equipment manuals.
Customer Experience Management:
- Ensures regular and timely engagement with customer during the initial start-up, including on-site visits as may be appropriate.
- Manages warranty claims including being an active participant in the determination of the validity of the claim.
- Manages spare parts proposals, orders and fulfillment of those orders.
- Coordinates troubleshooting of field performance issues ensuring timely development and execution of corrective plan of action.
- Develops and markets equipment service plans.
Product Management Responsibilities:
- Develops recommendations for product line improvements using analyses of spare parts sales, warranty claims, and other customer feedback.
- Active participant in establishing product line pricing.
- Actively seeks opportunities to understand competing impregnation equipment and other automation and material handling systems.
- Alert the Sales team to any commercial opportunities identified on field visits.
Degree in an engineering discipline or related field preferred.
3-5 years project management experience in a manufacturing environment required (ideally in specialty design equipment manufacturing). Experience working with subcontractors required.
25-33%, both domestic and international
Must have the demonstrated ability to coordinate work activities, be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks along with setting priorities and working closely with internal and external customers.