Responsible for creating and maintaining mechanical machinery designs to meet customer needs. Supports all phases of design through manufacturing including installation, warranty and post warranty phases. Creates 3D models and assemblies and manufacturing drawings. Interfaces with suppliers as needed.
- Develops detailed drawings and specifications for equipment, components, fixtures and controls using SolidWorks.
- Interacts with other workers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to develop component designs.
- Contributes to development of reference manuals and technical publications which describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Interacts with other workers to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Works with appropriate personnel to ensure appropriate equipment installation, start-up and operation.
- Recommends design modifications to improve machine or system operation.
- Provides outstanding customer service at all times.
High school diploma. Degree in Design/Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field preferred.
2-3 years’ experience in mechanical design and drafting.
Experience with Solid Works required. Experience with AutoCAD preferred. Experience designing custom equipment preferred. Ability to read electrical pneumatic and P&ID drawings a plus.