Works independently, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the troubleshooting, repair, installation and general servicing/maintenance of electro/mechanical equipment. Works within timelines and production schedules to ensure efficient repair with minimal operational disruption. Applies lean manufacturing initiatives and improvements. Represents Godfrey and Wing professionally at all times providing both internal and external customer satisfaction.
Toledo, OH and Providence, RI
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment (both electrical and mechanical problems).
- Diagnoses, tests and repairs malfunctioning electrical and electronic components such as motors, drives, sensors and applicable wiring.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Integrates robotics with process control systems.
- Examines and troubleshoots new or previously used ideas/solutions.
- Analyzes problems and takt times and recommends solutions/improvements.
- Makes adjustments to equipment to ensure quality and promote Continuous Improvement.
- Creates process for tracking repairs and predicting preventative maintenance requirements.
- Identifies and orders appropriate parts necessary for repairs and routine maintenance.
- Trains employees on basic troubleshooting and repairs.
- Interacts professionally with all internal and external resources.
- Adheres to safety guidelines including LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) protocol.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. Journeyman’s card/certification preferred.
- 3-5 years electrical mechanical experience including industrial machine controls systems.
- An understanding of PLC and HMI logic development, programming and debug.
- Experience with Siemens. PC based systems and experience with special machine start-ups and run-offs.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Team and customer service orientation.
- Outstanding planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Flexible to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to travel.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Can be hot and humid during the summer months.