History

Starting 70 years ago as a small job shop in Cleveland, Ohio Godfrey & Wing has grown to become the leading provider of vacuum impregnation technology, supplying equipment, sealants and services worldwide. Learn more about the history of Godfrey & Wing from our timeline.

timeline

1948

Godfrey & Wing founded as a lamp manufacturer by Judd Godfrey and Clarence Wing.

timeline

1949

Vacuum impregnation service business launched.

timeline

1979

Second generation Godfrey family assumes control.

timeline

1980

Specialization in aerospace and defense service work.

timeline

1996

Gilmore family purchases Godfrey & Wing, Inc.

New Godfrey & Wing logo introduced.

timeline

1999

Castite Systems acquired.

timeline

2000

Development of Continuous Flow Impregnation (CFI) equipment.

timeline

2001

Facility moved to Warrensville Heights, OH.

timeline

2002

New York satellite facility launched for General Motors.

Continuous Flow Impregnation (CFI) patent received from US Patent and Trademark Office.

timeline

2005

Ohio and Michigan satellite facilities launched for General Motors and Ford.

timeline

2006

HQ moved to current Aurora, OH facility.

GW Sealant Division begins (Imprex Acquisition).

China distribution center launched.

timeline

2007

Summit Technologies acquired.

timeline

2009

Toledo Service Center launched for Honda, Chrysler and General Motors.

timeline

2010

New sealants (3) receive US Defense Department approval.

timeline

2011

Godfrey & Wing GmbH launched in Stuttgart.

timeline

2012

Godfrey & Wing Defiance, OH X-Ray facility launched for GM.

HVLV Impregnation System launched.

timeline

2013

India distribution office launched.

timeline

2014

IMPCO Inc., Providence, RI acquired.

EcoSeal Impregnation System launched.

timeline

2015

Monterrey, Mexico Service and Distribution center launched.

timeline

2016

Advanced Powertrain Impregnation (APi) System launched.