Works independently, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the construction, troubleshooting, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing/maintenance of industrial equipment. Completes field and in house repairs and manages time effectively to ensure that time billed is appropriately. Represents Godfrey and Wing professionally at all times providing for both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Performs standard mechanical/pneumatic/electrical repairs on vacuum impregnation systems and related equipment excelling at troubleshooting techniques.
- Reviews work orders and related manuals, blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment and parts needed for assignment.
- Plans and organizes field schedule and work method to complete assigned jobs.
- Reviews scope of project/expectations with customer and communicates with customer as appropriate throughout the project.
- Identifies and orders appropriate parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Conducts routine preventative maintenance according to established guidelines.
- Perform life assessment analysis evaluations based on visual observations, experience and data collected at the site.
- Provides start-up, operating and/or maintenance training for customer.
- Provides assistance/input to engineering as part of Continuous Improvement to further enhance GW standard equipment product lines.
- May be on-call to perform emergency repairs during off-business hours.
- Adheres to safety guidelines including LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) protocol, CE and ASME standards.
High School Diploma. Associate degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- 3+ years electro/mechanical maintenance experience and exposure to various industrial equipment.
- Field Service or installation experience required.
- Working knowledge of vacuum pumps, pneumatic/hydraulic cylinders, transducers, air compressors, motors and PLC troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques a plus.
- Must be comfortable with 3 phase – 480v electrical.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- PLC troubleshooting including AB and Siemens
- Outstanding planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Self-directed with ability to work independently.
- Flexible to adapt to a changing environment.
Ability to travel 50% of the time or more, including international on short notice.